- An enzyme that cleaves the chains of nucleotides in nucleic acids into smaller units.More example sentences
- These DNA-binding proteins include polymerases, helicases, nucleases, isomerases, ligases, histones, and others.
- Such hydrolytic enzymes as cystein proteinases, serine proteinases, and nucleases are highly induced during xylogenesis.
- Plants then synthesize antimicrobial substances, including the protein chitinase, which degrades the cell walls of fungi, and enzymes called nucleases, which break apart the ribonucleic acid of viruses.
More definitions of nucleaseDefinition of nuclease in:
- The US English dictionary