- A proton or neutron.More example sentences
- You'll then have to use that information to answer questions regarding the number of protons, neutrons, electrons or nucleons (particles in the nucleus) that an atom of that element contains.
- In this model, nuclei are pictured as loose aggregates of nucleons (protons and neutrons) each of which, according to the quark model, has three quarks locked inside it.
- The internal structure of the nucleon is fundamental to nuclear physics.
More definitions of nucleonDefinition of nucleon in:
- The US English dictionary