noun[treated as singular]
The branch of science and technology concerned with atomic nuclei and nucleons, especially the exploitation of nuclear power.
More example sentences
- Therefore quantum nucleonics is not an approach suitable for large scale energy storage use.
- But nucleonics won't be getting all the money at once.
1940s: from nuclear, on the pattern of electronics.
- More example sentences
- Instead of a conventional fission reactor, it is focusing on a type of power generator called a quantum nucleonic reactor.
- Some kind of newfangled quantum nucleonic reactor is supposed to make it possible for long term flight.
Definition of nucleonics in:
- The US English dictionary