- A distinct kind of atom or nucleus characterized by a specific number of protons and neutrons.More example sentences
- Atoms with the same number of protons and neutrons are called nuclides and atoms with a unequal number of protons and neutrons are called isotopes.
- He suggests that the excess tracks may be explained by the decay of short-lived fissioning nuclides, such as super-heavy nuclei.
- Soil erosion can also be tracked with naturally occurring radioactive nuclides, natural and fluorescent dye-coated particles, and small beads.
1940s: from nucleus + -ide (from Greek eidos 'form').
More definitions of nuclideDefinition of nuclide in:
- The US English dictionary