- (In a statistical test) the hypothesis that there is no significant difference between specified populations, any observed difference being due to sampling or experimental error.More example sentences
- It then reviews demographic differences within regions and tests a series of null hypotheses proposing no significant differences between regions based on the demographic factors.
- We performed significance tests of the null hypothesis of constant population size for both data sets.
- Using their method requires the ability to draw samples from an approximation to the joint distribution of the test statistics when all null hypotheses are true.
More definitions of null hypothesisDefinition of null hypothesis in:
- The US English dictionary