Depriving one of feeling or responsiveness: the numbing effect of alcohol a numbing defeat
More example sentences
- Right now, it's a struggle to disrupt the numbing media chatter about miscalculations and mistakes - to insist on acknowledgment of moral culpability.
- The addition of the Sichuan peppercorn, known as ‘huajiao’, in many dishes creates a most sudden numbing sensation in one's mouth.
- Among them, nearly 400 beetles that locals called nanisani, a term that refers to the tingling or numbing sensation in the mouth when the beetles and the birds are tasted.
- Example sentences
- Even the shadows of its amazing columns have a numbingly huge quality.
- The fresh water against your face is almost numbingly cold.
- Back in Oregon, we tended to feel numbingly safe.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.