Depriving one of feeling or responsiveness: the numbing effect of alcohol a numbing defeat
More example sentences
- Right now, it's a struggle to disrupt the numbing media chatter about miscalculations and mistakes - to insist on acknowledgment of moral culpability.
- The addition of the Sichuan peppercorn, known as ‘huajiao’, in many dishes creates a most sudden numbing sensation in one's mouth.
- Among them, nearly 400 beetles that locals called nanisani, a term that refers to the tingling or numbing sensation in the mouth when the beetles and the birds are tasted.
- More example sentences
- Even the shadows of its amazing columns have a numbingly huge quality.
- The fresh water against your face is almost numbingly cold.
- Back in Oregon, we tended to feel numbingly safe.