1A figure, symbol, or group of figures or symbols denoting a number.
- Merz began to utilise the Fibonacci formula of mathematical progression within his works, transmitting the concept visually through the use of the numerals and the figure of a spiral.
- Ankit Fadia, the teenaged computer security expert, says that the best passwords are the ones that use both upper case and lower case letters, besides numerals and symbols.
- The best known symbols are simple numerals: 0 through 9, which originated in India in the ancient Brahmi script.
1.1A word expressing a number.
- He can make himself understood, given a few nouns, pronouns, verbs and numerals, without troubling himself in the slightest about accidence.
- After having worked out a hard core system of rules for analysing numerals, definite articles, and indefinite articles, we give a thorough study of the French singular definite article le.
- In all of these studies, there was a developmental trend in children's ability to produce conventional numerals as representations of quantity.
Of or denoting a number.
- There are various scales of values, for example in some groups numeral cards 2-10 score 1 point each; jacks, queens and kings 2 points; aces 3 points; and twos 4 points each.
- In summary, this study found that, even with stringent controls for other variables associated with reading, recognition of letter / numeral orientation errors made unique contributions to reading.
- It would be nice if scholars would investigate a greater diversity of languages and systems before drawing conclusions about links between numeral structure and math learning.
Words that rhyme with numeralhumeral
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.