1A figure, symbol, or group of figures or symbols denoting a number.
- Merz began to utilise the Fibonacci formula of mathematical progression within his works, transmitting the concept visually through the use of the numerals and the figure of a spiral.
- Ankit Fadia, the teenaged computer security expert, says that the best passwords are the ones that use both upper case and lower case letters, besides numerals and symbols.
- The best known symbols are simple numerals: 0 through 9, which originated in India in the ancient Brahmi script.
1.1A word expressing a number.
- He can make himself understood, given a few nouns, pronouns, verbs and numerals, without troubling himself in the slightest about accidence.
- After having worked out a hard core system of rules for analysing numerals, definite articles, and indefinite articles, we give a thorough study of the French singular definite article le.
- In all of these studies, there was a developmental trend in children's ability to produce conventional numerals as representations of quantity.
Of or denoting a number.
- There are various scales of values, for example in some groups numeral cards 2-10 score 1 point each; jacks, queens and kings 2 points; aces 3 points; and twos 4 points each.
- In summary, this study found that, even with stringent controls for other variables associated with reading, recognition of letter / numeral orientation errors made unique contributions to reading.
- It would be nice if scholars would investigate a greater diversity of languages and systems before drawing conclusions about links between numeral structure and math learning.
Words that rhyme with numeralhumeral
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: nu|meral
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.