noun[mass noun] Engineering
- Computer control of machine tools, where operations are directed by numerical data.More example sentences
- Emphasis is on computer-integrated manufacturing with computer numerical control of machine tools, automation via programmable logic controllers, motion control, process control examples, and manufacturing process monitoring.
- These allow technicians - Timken calls them shop-floor associates - to pull up the digital designs for an existing product, tweak them, and get the computer numerical control instructions into the networked machine tools.
- Kahr pistols, manufactured with computer numerical control machines, have become favorite carry guns for shooters across America.
More definitions of numerical controlDefinition of numerical control in:
- The US English dictionary