noun (plural numpties)Scottish • informal
- A stupid or ineffectual person.More example sentences
- Now the great numpty is serving 28 days in prison after another act of Comedy Terrorism in which he chucked paint over a Turner Prize nominated artist.
- For a few minutes I felt like a complete numpty, then I got into it.
- Some numpty forgot to make the developing room light-tight so we're all getting fogged film.
1980s: from obsolete numps 'a stupid person', of unknown origin.
More definitions of numptyDefinition of numpty in:
- The US English dictionary