- A simple traditional song or poem for children.More example sentences
- A traditional nursery rhyme catches this numinous mode of apprehending space and time.
- Parents spend so little time with their children that they begin school unable to speak properly or recite the simplest nursery rhyme, according to a Government study.
- Little Molly, all of four years old, hair adorned in silver and red tinsel, has just stepped up from the stalls to sing her favourite nursery rhyme, Sing A Song Of Sixpence.
More definitions of nursery rhymeDefinition of nursery rhyme in:
- The US English dictionary