Definition of oafish in English:
Rough or clumsy and unintelligent: oafish behaviour
More example sentences
- He's a nasty, stupid, oafish and worryingly devious main character and put up against Homer, it's inevitable which one the public would go for.
- And her smallness fills the room and makes everything else in it seem oafish and awkward in comparison, including me.
- He called me a stupid, oafish, little girl in front of EVERYONE the night I met him.
stupid, foolish, idiotic, cretinous;
ungainly, loutish, clumsy, awkward, gawkish, lumbering, ape-like, bearish, cloddish, clownish, doltish, Neanderthal, uncouth, uncultured, boorish, lumpen, rough, coarse, crass, brutish, blockish, rough-hewn, ill-mannered, badly behaved, unrefined, unsophisticated
informalclodhopping, blockheaded, moronic, boneheaded, half-witted, dumb, lamebrained, chuckleheaded, thickheaded
North American informalchowderheaded
- Example sentences
- Though he remains oafishly convinced what happened was consensual, it seems clear that what happened was an act of sheer brutality.
- She was never again to be so oafishly destroyed, going on to master every new game on every new system as the form has evolved.
- Then 9th Level supervision Mistress dragged me away oafishly, while I kicked her and screamed ‘ABUSE!’
- Example sentences
- Congress, in its collective ham-fisted oafishness, dictated that the government place restrictions on access to spacecraft tracking information.
- Throughout, Fisher is Laurel to Bob's Hardy, the former maneuvering sardonically around the latter's oafishness via a series of wisecracks on the absurdity of their incarceration.
- That paean to one man's oafishness and insensitivity, Curb Your Enthusiasm, is built around a comedian who couldn't make it in stand-up because he was too abrasive.
Words that rhyme with oafishblowfish
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.