A wild grass which resembles the oat.
- Avenula and other genera, family Gramineae
More example sentences
- Slender wheatgrass, nodding brome, fringed brome, oat grass, red fescue, June grass, and mountain muhly are the most abundant species in dry areas.
- Evergreen grasses, such as sedge, blue oat grass, and some species of feather grass, which only need renewing every 2 to 3 years.
- He hid inside a tussock of oat grass and watched as the fine thatched house rose up beside the water-hole.
Definition of oat grass in:
- The US English dictionary