noun• informal , chiefly US
- A western film.More example sentences
- Even if he won't admit Leone as a direct influence, the film reinforces the sense that samurai movies and spaghetti westerns, gangster pics and Hollywood ‘oaters’ have long since become completely intertwined.
- At the time, it was noted as being, at best, ‘one of better class oaters of the year.’
- But no matter how hard it tries, it is still steeped in a great too many of the standard formula facets of the traditional oater.
More definitions of oaterDefinition of oater in:
- The US English dictionary