noun (plural objets trouvés pronunc. same)
- An object found by an artist and displayed with no, or minimal, alteration as a work of art.More example sentences
- On first encounter, we cannot be sure whether we should be addressing it in terms of a piece of industrial design, an objet trouvé, or a minimalist art form in the manner of early Caro or Sol Le Witt.
- The organizers have gathered, from many museums and private collections, an unprecedented number of paintings, collages, photographs, films, sculptures, illustrated books and objets trouvés [found objects] by surrealist artists.
- Having used small man-made objets trouvés in his early sculpture, from 1958 the artist began to incorporate parts of machines salvaged from breakers' yards.
French, literally 'found object'.
More definitions of objet trouvéDefinition of objet trouvé in:
- The US English dictionary