Definition of oboe in English:
1A woodwind instrument with a double-reed mouthpiece, a slender tubular body, and holes stopped by keys.
- Other unique curiosities are the 3 Sonatas that the composer wrote for each of the main woodwind instruments; oboe, bassoon and clarinet, although those for cor anglais and flute never saw the light of day.
- They are indeed miniatures, as the entire set of eight take about eight minutes to perform by the pairs of flutes, oboes, clarinets, bassoons, violins, violas, cellos and one horn.
- On this recording, there are nine violins, three violas, three cellos, a double bass, one flute, three oboes, one bassoon, three trumpets, a set of timpani, and a harpsichord.
- Example sentences
- British composers were especially lucky in their clarinetists, oboists, horn players, and violists.
- There is a peculiarly haunting quality to the sound, and the rapport between oboist and cellist testifies to the time they have spent working together.
- I have always found this piece shallow and out of proportion from a pen of such greatness, although I know I am in the minority amongst oboists.
Words that rhyme with oboehobo, lobo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.