- A daily visit from a health care worker is scarcely the same as the continual observation as hospital staff carry out their duties.
- The very processes of measurement and observation influence the subject and change him.
- This strange limitation arises because the very process of observation is inseparable from the state being measured.
- The secrets to both skills are patience, observation and attention to detail, he said.
- Tombaugh's highly detailed powers of observation led him to discover Pluto in 1930.
- The camera is a detached observer, and the strength of the film lies in its acute power of observation and detail.
- For it is the duty of an astronomer to record celestial motions through careful observation.
- An appeal can be in the form of a funny question, a witty observation, opinion or comment.
- I excerpted a quote that summed up the point of the piece, followed by an observation based on revelation.
- So she wasn't surprised when he countered her obvious statement with an observation of his own.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'respectful adherence to the requirements of rules or ritual'): from Latin observatio(n-), from the verb observare (see observe).
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ob¦ser|va¦tion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.