Definition of obstetric in English:
Relating to childbirth and the processes associated with it: obstetric and gynaecological services at the hospital
More example sentences
- However, there are no data to support this assertion and neither is there information about other obstetric interventions associated with medical insurance status.
- The hospital and associated units provide obstetric care for a population of about 400 000 people.
- The practicality of this book extends not only to the medical, gynaecological, and obstetric needs of those circumcised but also to the section on communication.
obstetrical adjective (chiefly North American )
- Example sentences
- Now patients proactively enroll in bloodless medicine and surgery programs at their local hospital or medical center for services ranging from elective surgery or obstetrical care to cancer treatment.
- Her past obstetrical history was unremarkable except for one spontaneous abortion.
- Diagnosis was established by gynecological and obstetrical examination.
- Example sentences
- Patients with gestational hypertension have previously unrecognized chronic hypertension, emerging preeclampsia or transient hypertension of pregnancy, an obstetrically benign condition.
- Midwives were concerned about the consequences of recommending options that contradicted obstetrically defined clinical norms.
- The mothers of the 31,133 live births in the earlier period were demographically and obstetrically similar to the mothers of the 28,733 live births after introduction of the guidelines.
Definition of obstetric in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan