- Each of two rounded knobs at the base of the skull which articulate with the first vertebra.More example sentences
- The diplodocoid occipital condyle faces ventrally, suggesting that the head was held higher and at an angle to the line of the neck.
- The basioccipital may bear several small foramina for the hypoglossal nerve near the base of the occipital condyle.
- The exoccipitals are large and, with the basioccipital, form the occipital condyle for articulation with the first vertebra.
More definitions of occipital condyleDefinition of occipital condyle in:
- The US English dictionary