(also occupational risk)
- A risk accepted as a consequence of a particular occupation: visual overload is a necessary occupational hazard of busy art criticsMore example sentences
- The practice is so commonplace that Arthur almost accepts it as an occupational hazard.
- An aching back or limbs at the end of a working day should not simply be accepted as an occupational hazard.
- The workers are calling for definite measures to reduce occupational risks and hazards on the job.
More definitions of occupational hazardDefinition of occupational hazard in:
- The US English dictionary