The study of human behaviour at work, including methods of selecting personnel, improving productivity, and coping with stress.
More example sentences
- My BA in psychology and MA in human resources and occupational psychology from UCC have proved very useful in my career to date.
- She joined the Metropolitan Police in 1973 under the graduate entry scheme and later gained a PhD in occupational psychology.
- Cary Cooper is head of occupational psychology at Lancaster University's management school.
occupational psychologist noun
- More example sentences
- If necessary the officer in question could then get further help and talk face-to-face with occupational psychologists.
- It does not, in my judgment require the assistance of the occupational psychologist to deal with the issues which I have outlined.
- One of the first things to realise is that you're likely to feel a little more anxious than usual, says occupational psychologist Dr Paul Brewerton.