Definition of occupational psychology in English:
The study of human behaviour at work, including methods of selecting personnel, improving productivity, and coping with stress.
- My BA in psychology and MA in human resources and occupational psychology from UCC have proved very useful in my career to date.
- She joined the Metropolitan Police in 1973 under the graduate entry scheme and later gained a PhD in occupational psychology.
- Cary Cooper is head of occupational psychology at Lancaster University's management school.
occupational psychologist noun
- Example sentences
- If necessary the officer in question could then get further help and talk face-to-face with occupational psychologists.
- It does not, in my judgment require the assistance of the occupational psychologist to deal with the issues which I have outlined.
- One of the first things to realise is that you're likely to feel a little more anxious than usual, says occupational psychologist Dr Paul Brewerton.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan