noun (plural oceanariums or oceanaria /-rɪə/)
- A large seawater aquarium in which marine animals are kept for study and public entertainment.More example sentences
- Dolly the dolphin, the much loved senior resident of the Bayworld oceanarium, is pregnant again.
- Before the storm oceanarium officials had evacuated 6 of the facility's 14 dolphins to hotel swimming pools.
- The penguins have been exported to oceanariums and zoos all over the world, including Israel, the US, Japan and Netherlands.
1940s: from ocean, on the pattern of aquarium.
More definitions of oceanariumDefinition of oceanarium in:
- The US English dictionary