Definition of octagon in English:
1.1An object or building with an octagonal plan or cross section.
- The house is formed of four octagons and no rectangular shapes or flat walls.
- The octagon is formed by a kind of train-track motif that jogs around a flower-blossom design.
- Only a handful of gunsmiths have the ability to cut a tapered octagon barrel.
- Example sentences
- This beautiful 11-ft, octagonal gazebo looks great in any setting.
- Their excavations unearthed a large octagonal fortress with 10-foot thick walls and eight towers.
- And here she was in a suburban Minnesota pool, churning the humid air with those octagonal Slavic consonants.
Words that rhyme with octagonBergen • Spitsbergen
Definition of octagon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.