Definition of octagon in English:
1.1An object or building with an octagonal plan or cross section.
- The house is formed of four octagons and no rectangular shapes or flat walls.
- The octagon is formed by a kind of train-track motif that jogs around a flower-blossom design.
- Only a handful of gunsmiths have the ability to cut a tapered octagon barrel.
- Example sentences
- This beautiful 11-ft, octagonal gazebo looks great in any setting.
- Their excavations unearthed a large octagonal fortress with 10-foot thick walls and eight towers.
- And here she was in a suburban Minnesota pool, churning the humid air with those octagonal Slavic consonants.
Words that rhyme with octagonBergen • Spitsbergen
Definition of octagon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan