- Having or consisting of eight leaves or lobes.More example sentences
- The candle socket, octofoil in outline, is formed of square fluting.
nounBack to top
- An octofoil ornamental or heraldic figure.More example sentences
- Thus the ninth son of a ninth son would place an octofoil upon an octofoil.
- Block 18 is of whiter material, probably a sandstone, badly eroded, and contains the remains of an octofoil, with hollow center.
mid 19th century: from octo- 'eight', on the pattern of words such as trefoil.