- A person who is between 80 and 89 years old.More example sentences
- His successor will, I'm sure, still be remembered with affection by many octogenarians.
- Mostly in their fifties, the banañeros suffer from kidney failure, diminishing eyesight and bones that are weakening at the rate of octogenarians.
- And when I read of the activities of many octogenarians, I think that relative to them I am still ‘middle-aged’.
early 19th century: from Latin octogenarius (based on octoginta 'eighty') + -an.
More definitions of octogenarianDefinition of octogenarian in:
- The US English dictionary