noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A compound which can accumulate in nerves as a result of the use of monoamine oxidase inhibitors and cause a rise in blood pressure.
More example sentences
- An amine related to noradrenaline; chemical formula: HOC6H4CHOHCH2NH2
- Both octopamine and serotonin inhibit bursting activity, suggesting that neurosecretion is controlled by these neuromodulators.
- The bioluminescent response to octopamine was inhibited in the presence of the NO scavenger carboxy-PTIO.
- But perfusion of the exposed lantern tissue of the P. versicolor male with octopamine does not induce scintillation, only a glow.
More definitions of octopamineDefinition of octopamine in:
- The US English dictionary