A word or line of verse with eight syllables.
More example sentences
- Meyer's version employs a spare free verse that is very Ibsenish, even though Ibsen composed here in rhymed octosyllables!
- More example sentences
- His most powerful satirical weapon is his style, the deliberately cumbersome octosyllabic metre and comic rhymes.
- By definition, it is a poem with an unlimited number of octosyllabic verses and assonant rhyme in even-numbered verses.
- He spoke in the octosyllabic verse of the Confessio.
Definition of octosyllable in:
- The US English dictionary