Definition of odonate in English:
A predatory insect of the order Odonata; a dragonfly or damselfly.
- My quick survey of the antennal structure of extant odonates and mayflies indicates that the flagellum is structurally different.
- According to most studies, the main diet of adult odonates consists of small insects, especially Diptera (flies).
- They are encountered infrequently even in the heart of their range, and are among the most poorly known odonates in North America.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting odonates.
- Distance moved was not analyzed because it is well correlated with number of moves (position changes) in odonate larvae.
- Despite its relatively small size, Massachusetts hosts one of the most diverse odonate faunas known from any state, with at least 164 species recorded to date.
- A number of odonate species are currently endangered.
Definition of odonate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan