Having or giving off an odour: a dark and odorous cave
More example sentences
- I am not sure if all dumps are this smelly - I know that all dumps are odorous - but it was stinky.
- But what happens to these odorous, spring-laden behemoths?
- According to the manufacturer, newater is clearer, less odorous and less bacterial than the water people get from the Public Utilities Board.
foul-smelling, evil-smelling, smelly, stinking, reeking, reeky, malodorous, pungent, acrid, fetid, rank
North American informal funky
literary noisome, mephitic
- Example sentences
- With all its wishy-washy platitudes and sweeping generalizations, there was a general theme wafting odorously from the ill-conceived ballot.
- We selected ethylbenzene and 2-butanone for exposure because ethylbenzene is more odorously effective than 2-butanone.
Words that rhyme with odorousmalodorous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.