Definition of odorous in English:
Having or giving off an odour: a dark and odorous cave
More example sentences
- I am not sure if all dumps are this smelly - I know that all dumps are odorous - but it was stinky.
- But what happens to these odorous, spring-laden behemoths?
- According to the manufacturer, newater is clearer, less odorous and less bacterial than the water people get from the Public Utilities Board.
foul-smelling, evil-smelling, smelly, stinking, reeking, reeky, malodorous, pungent, acrid, fetid, rank
North American informal funky
literary noisome, mephitic
- Example sentences
- With all its wishy-washy platitudes and sweeping generalizations, there was a general theme wafting odorously from the ill-conceived ballot.
- We selected ethylbenzene and 2-butanone for exposure because ethylbenzene is more odorously effective than 2-butanone.
Words that rhyme with odorousmalodorous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan