(US also enophile)
- A connoisseur of wines.More example sentences
- But could you call yourself an oenophile if you still had to point to the wine list and grunt at the sommelier, ‘That one’?
- Many are the oenophiles who spent the better part of an evening ignoring their guests while reading the wine book.
- Winters thinks St. George can make inroads with oenophiles, so he'll hit wine tastings, too.
1930s: from Greek oinos 'wine' + -phile.
More definitions of oenophileDefinition of oenophile in:
- The US English dictionary