noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the oesophagus.More example sentences
- All trials used validated dyspepsia questionnaires and excluded patients with confirmed peptic ulcer disease or oesophagitis before enrolment.
- Patients with predominant epigastric pain without peptic ulcer disease or oesophagitis have functional dyspepsia.
- Complications seen in a hiatal hernia include aspiration pneumonia and peptic esophagitis with stricture.
More definitions of oesophagitisDefinition of oesophagitis in:
- The US English dictionary