noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- An oestrogen similar to but less potent than oestradiol.More example sentences
- Natural estrogen can also easily be divided into the three types of estrogen: estradiol, estrone, and estriol.
- There were increases in blood levels of the estrogens, estradiol and estrone, and a reduction of the protective HDL cholesterol.
- There was the hormone estrone, a form of the estrogen prescribed to help menopausal women.
1930s: from oestrane (parent molecule of most oestrogens) + -one.
More definitions of oestroneDefinition of oestrone in:
- The US English dictionary