Definition of off drive in English:
A drive to the off side.
- Shalders immediately started to score, stroking a well-timed off drive through the covers for 4.
- A classic off drive from Elliott brought up the hundred, and Somerset were in desperate need of a wicket.
- He began his assault with a fantastic off drive against the spin of Nikhil Chopra and from then on there was no stopping him.
verb[with object] (off-drive) Back to top
Drive (the ball) to the off side; drive a ball from (a bowler) to the off side: Greig began by off-driving Chandra for four
More example sentences
- Anthony McGrath and Michael Lumb survived until the rain returned at 55-3 and on the resumption Lumb off-drove Panesar's first ball for four.
- And now, as I finish typing the last sentence, Tendulkar off-drives Shoaib for four.
- Bowler had just gone to his 50 off 63 balls with six fours when he off-drove Craig White to Hoggard but then Cox and Ian Blackwell tore the bowling to shreds.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan