- A drive to the off side.More example sentences
- Shalders immediately started to score, stroking a well-timed off drive through the covers for 4.
- A classic off drive from Elliott brought up the hundred, and Somerset were in desperate need of a wicket.
- He began his assault with a fantastic off drive against the spin of Nikhil Chopra and from then on there was no stopping him.
verb[with object] (off-drive) Back to top
- Drive (the ball) to the off side; drive a ball from (a bowler) to the off side: Greig began by off-driving Chandra for fourMore example sentences
- Anthony McGrath and Michael Lumb survived until the rain returned at 55-3 and on the resumption Lumb off-drove Panesar's first ball for four.
- And now, as I finish typing the last sentence, Tendulkar off-drives Shoaib for four.
- Bowler had just gone to his 50 off 63 balls with six fours when he off-drove Craig White to Hoggard but then Cox and Ian Blackwell tore the bowling to shreds.