adjective & adverb
- Out of patent restrictions: [as adjective]: firms legally mass-produce off-patent products [as adverb]: the drug has gradually come off-patentMore example sentences
- Worse yet, drug companies lack economic incentives to run expensive clinical trials for existing drugs that are off-patent or nearing patent expiration.
- Many are wondering why the two organizations have decided to start with a wetting agent study, as opposed to organic products or off-patent versions the drug.
- Many drugs which are off-patent will be unaffected by the 2005 deadline for the product patent regime.
More definitions of off-patentDefinition of off-patent in:
- The US English dictionary