Definition of off spin in English:
noun[mass noun] Cricket
A type of spin bowling that causes the ball to deviate from the off side towards the leg side after pitching; off breaks: the skipper’s off-spin did the trick
More example sentences
- He hit the best six of the match in my opinion - an inside out shot over extra cover against the off spin of Muralitharan who we all know is a huge spinner of the ball.
- Batting in the top four this year, he is one of the Yorkshire team's top scorers and has chipped in with 11 wickets in five matches with his off spin.
- Thereafter, the innings had little permanency and wickets fell regularly to Broadbent's off spin.
- Example sentences
- Malik made a cultured 115 as an opener before claiming three wickets with his off-spinners.
- The off-spinner took six of Gloucestershire's second innings wickets in a brilliant spell of controlled, economical bowling.
- Heal is a 20-year-old right-arm off-spinner who is yet to make his first-class debut.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan