Definition of offended in English:
Resentful or annoyed, typically as a result of a perceived insult: he sounded rather offended
More example sentences
- If he spits in the face of deeply held Labour beliefs, he must not be surprised if offended party members retaliate.
- ‘I sent it Special Delivery on Tuesday,’ said the slightly shocked and offended voice on the other end of the phone at the fashion boutique.
- The apology must be delayed long enough to recognise the hurt felt by the offended victim - but proffered before there is lasting harm.
upset, hurt, wounded, injured, insulted, aggrieved, affronted, pained, displeased, distressed, disgruntled, put out, annoyed, angered, angry, cross, exasperated, indignant, irritated, vexed, piqued, irked, stung, galled, nettled, needled, peeved, ruffled, resentful, in a huff, huffy, in high dudgeon, fed up;
West Indian vex
vulgar slangpissed off
- Example sentences
- I said offendedly: "But at least you owe me an explanation".
- So I went and told my sister this information, and she just sort of stared at me and then said, offendedly, "... I don't CARE."
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.