adjective & adverb
- (In a theatre) not on the stage and so not visible to the audience: [as adverb]: screams were heard offstage [as adjective]: • figurative the offstage lives of celebritiesMore example sentences
- Stars of the musical theatre (of which I am one) channel their offstage misery into on stage triumph.
- Even when she was not present on the stage, the chilling scream, which came from offstage, reminded the audience of her.
- They are a beautiful couple on stage as well as offstage.
More definitions of offstageDefinition of offstage in:
- The US English dictionary