- archaic or literary form of often. [in combination]: an oft-quoted tenetMore example sentences
- Those jokes will certainly be oft repeated during the course of the current federal election campaign.
- She questioned the Government's oft repeated announcements of winning the hearts and minds of people.
- This very familiar and oft repeated saying takes its origin from a circumstance which occurred many years ago in Carlisle.
Old English, of Germanic origin; related to German oft.
More definitions of OFTDefinition of oft in:
- The US English dictionary