- An instrument for measuring electrical resistance.More example sentences
- They found ‘an ohmmeter, a rheostat, a condenser, and a magnetic interrupter’ but found nothing in the machine that could either read or send energy waves as Abrams had been claiming.
- I use my ohmmeter frequently to check the continuity of circuits and to measure resistance in spark plug wires.
- Checking a shorted part's easy: Just connect an ohmmeter, and if it never charges up to an open circuit, then it's either leaky or shorted.
More definitions of ohmmeterDefinition of ohmmeter in:
- The US English dictionary