- A thick paint made with ground pigment and a drying oil such as linseed oil, used chiefly by artists.More example sentences
- There is a permanent dialogue between myself and the intangible elements of nature that becomes materialized in the thick oil paint that I use on my canvases.
- In paintings with titles such as Long Beach, San Francisco and Monument Valley, he builds thick globs of oil paint into a kind of pigmented frosting.
- In all the works shown here, Calabrese uses oil paint almost like watercolor.
More definitions of oil paintDefinition of oil paint in:
- The US English dictionary