- 1The art of painting in oils: the basic methods and techniques of oil paintingMore example sentences
- With the encouragement of her son, also an artist, she experimented with various techniques: oil painting, coloured Indian inks, engraving, sculpture.
- She specializes in various techniques, including oil painting and mixed media.
- Many Indonesians practice Western arts, from oil painting to metal sculpture, the subjects of which are often inspired by Indonesian life and traditions.
- 1.1 [count noun] A picture painted in oils: an original oil painting by a local artistMore example sentences
- He made oil paintings and watercolors and attracted some attention with local art exhibitions.
- Family Copies recreates oil paintings or watercolors by using an image from a digital or photographic source.
- To her it doesn't matter if an image is a fine oil painting on canvas or a digital reproduction on a screen.
be no oil painting
- British • informal (Of a person) be unattractive: he was no oil painting, but she had long passed the age of needing good looks about herMore example sentences
- The actor is no oil painting and has acquired unattractive bulk for his part as Aubrey.
- I admit I am no oil painting, but my character makes up for it.
- However, I think I am hardly courting controversy if I say he is no oil painting.
More definitions of oil paintingDefinition of oil painting in:
- The US English dictionary