- An area of land or seabed underlain by strata yielding mineral oil, especially in amounts that justify commercial exploitation.More example sentences
- He also encouraged the exploration of the Amazonian rainforest, which led to the subsequent exploitation of significant oilfields.
- By 1926 seismic survey methods had discovered an oilfield for the first time in the southern USA.
- Tens of thousands of people have been killed and displaced from areas around the oilfields, it said.
More definitions of oilfieldDefinition of oilfield in:
- The US English dictionary