- 1Heavy cotton cloth waterproofed with oil: a fisherman’s outfit of yellow oilskin [as modifier]: an oilskin coatMore example sentences
- The man was dressed in a heavy, green oilskin waterproof jacket and trousers.
- So I donned my wellington boots, put on my waterproof coat and my oilskin hat, grabbed my brolly and went out for a short walk in the rain.
- A yellow oilskin hat and coat hung from a hook on the wall beside the door.
- 1.1 (oilskins) Garments made of oilskin.More example sentences
- So, I donned gloves and oilskins and put my hands to work cleaning out traps alongside my companions.
- In Monsoon they appear as wide-eyed, god-like creatures dressed in yellow oilskins with water-filled pipes attached.
- We climbed into oilskins, life jackets and clip-on safety harnesses, and became fellow shipmates for the day-night crossing.
More definitions of oilskinDefinition of oilskin in:
- The US English dictionary