The characteristic grunting sound of a pig.
- They all laughed, well, more like a series of grunts and oinks.
- There were hundreds of them, all marching inexorably east, crunching their way across the tundra, emitting comical, guttural oinks.
- This man, who lived on an immense land closure, was isolated, and, as a result, when ‘he fell ill, his weak cries could not be heard above the snorts and oinks of the pigs.
Make an oink.
- The pig trotted off, oinking quietly to itself.
- Corey took his finger and pulled up his nose to resemble a pig and went up into Al's face and oinked, and snorted.
- A dog would bark, or a pig would oink and it wasn't entirely clear why.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: oink
Definition of oink in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.