Definition of oink in English:
The characteristic grunting sound of a pig.
- They all laughed, well, more like a series of grunts and oinks.
- There were hundreds of them, all marching inexorably east, crunching their way across the tundra, emitting comical, guttural oinks.
- This man, who lived on an immense land closure, was isolated, and, as a result, when ‘he fell ill, his weak cries could not be heard above the snorts and oinks of the pigs.
verb[no object] Back to top
Make an oink.
- The pig trotted off, oinking quietly to itself.
- Corey took his finger and pulled up his nose to resemble a pig and went up into Al's face and oinked, and snorted.
- A dog would bark, or a pig would oink and it wasn't entirely clear why.
Words that rhyme with oinkhonky-tonk • Munch
Definition of oink in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan