- A variety of cured Canadian cheese, made by Trappist monks.More example sentences
- The omelettes are great, made with three extra large eggs and an array of cheeses from Oka to Monterey Jack.
- I think Oka is a bit too pungent for a cheese plate, as it can overpower the other selections.
- The beet, apple and Oka salad was served in a light, flaky filo cup.
named after a town in southern Quebec, where the cheese is made.
- 1An Egyptian and former Turkish unit of weight, variable but now usually equal to approximately 1.3 kg (2 3/ 4 lb).More example sentences
- At the time of the Italian invasion in October 1940 an oka (1.3kg., or nearly 3lb.) of bread cost 10 drachmas.
early 17th century: via Italian and French oque from Turkish okka, from Arabic ūqīya, based on Latin uncia 'ounce'.
More definitions of OkaDefinition of oka in:
- The US English dictionary