(also old boys' network)
- An informal system through which men are thought to use their positions of influence to help others who went to the same school or university as they did, or who share a similar social background: many managers were chosen by the old boy networkMore example sentences
- The selection process has been reformed following criticisms that it was too secretive and liable to be influenced by an ‘old boy's network’.
- Many of the councillors had been co-opted and this led people to believe that it become an old boys' network and was not truly representative of the community.
- This is the modern equivalent of the old boys' network.
More definitions of old boy networkDefinition of old boy network in:
- The US English dictionary