- (Of a tree, forest, etc.) never felled; mature: upland mesic forest habitats were predominately old-growthMore example sentences
- The Nerussa River, a secluded waterway surrounded by peat bogs and old-growth oak forests, meandered through this area.
- They are often found in mature and old-growth forests, but will breed in second growth as long as there are some large nesting trees.
- Our study examined seed dispersal of trees in an old-growth forest.
More definitions of old-growthDefinition of old-growth in:
- The US English dictionary