1A double-flowered rose of a variety or hybrid evolved before the development of the hybrid tea rose.
- Mrs. Cross collects old roses, many of which she starts from cuttings given to her by friends or rescued from old homesteads and other neglected sites.
- Rosa alba is often considered to be the most elegant of the old roses.
- Organic garden with fruit and vegetables, more than 60 species of old roses, large border, bog garden, rockeries and a large collection of seed grown bonsai.
2 [mass noun] A shade of deep pink: the bedroom was furnished in old rose
More example sentences
- Its richness is strong but understated, and the Old Rose red is a special colour hue that just laughs at yearly trends and fads.
- The change in popularity for Old Rose as a fashion color over the past week is -3.1 percentage points.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: old rose
Definition of old rose in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.