- A very experienced or long-serving person: the changes aroused the hostility of the old stagersMore example sentences
- And even though South Africa 2003 looms as their swansong, it's not unreasonable to expect that the old stagers might just dust off their match-winning routines one more time.
- It's hard to say which of the two old stagers leading the nation's major parties will benefit from it but there's been a real far-out retro 70s feel to the past few weeks of political discussion.
- It's not just a bunch of old stagers chuntering away, talking gibberish about silly points and fine legs, and eating cake (though it is unashamedly all of these).
More definitions of old stagerDefinition of old stager in:
- The US English dictionary