- 1An elderly female person.More example sentences
- After three solid poundings, the door slowly creaked open to reveal an elderly old woman.
- He zeroes in on the face of an old woman, showing that the weak and elderly are victims too.
- Even children and old women and old men wanted to go.
- 1.1 (one's old woman) • informal A person’s mother or a man’s wife or girlfriend: he shed many tears over his old womanMore example sentences
wife, spouse, bride• dated lady, memsahibmother; Indian ammaNorth American • informal mom, mommy
- So he went back home and asked his old woman whether there was any bread.
- You'd much better not be swilling vodka, you fool, but taking pity on your old woman instead of falling at my feet.
- When he had come home yesterday evening, a little drunk as usual, and from long-established habit had begun swearing and shaking his fists, his old woman had looked at her rowdy spouse as she had never looked at him before.
More definitions of old womanDefinition of old woman in:
- The US English dictionary