- An instrument for measuring the intensity of an odour or the sensitivity of someone or something to an odour.More example sentences
- A device called an olfactometer wafted the odours of each participant towards the mosquitoes.
- Each subject was fitted with non-magnetic earphones and a device to deliver smells, called an olfactometer, developed by he and his coauthor, a bioengineering graduate student.
- They use an olfactometer, a cage separated by a screen, where mosquitoes are placed on one side and an attractant is pumped through the other, to see if mosquitoes will come to the screen.
- More example sentences
- The IBP team has applied gas chromatography and olfactometry to the problem.
- Our group has expertise in the areas of olfactometry, odour sampling and trace odour component analysis down to part per trillion concentrations.
- Olfactometric sampling and analysis provides a reliable measurement of odour concentration, thereby providing valuable data from which to make reasoned odour management decisions.
More definitions of olfactometerDefinition of olfactometer in:
- The US English dictionary